Type 2 diabetes is a common condition that causes high blood sugar levels. Early signs and symptoms can include frequent urination, increased thirst, feeling tired and hungry, vision problems, slow wound healing, and yeast infections.
How can I check if I have diabetes?
- Urinate (pee) a lot, often at night.
- Are very thirsty.
- Lose weight without trying.
- Are very hungry.
- Have blurry vision.
- Have numb or tingling hands or feet.
- Feel very tired.
- Have very dry skin.
What were your first signs of diabetes?
- Heavy thirst.
- Blurry vision.
- Peeing a lot.
- More hunger.
- Numb or tingling feet.
- Sugar in your urine.
- Weight loss.
What are the 5 signs of diabetes?
- Increased thirst.
- Frequent urination.
- Extreme hunger.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Presence of ketones in the urine (ketones are a byproduct of the breakdown of muscle and fat that happens when there’s not enough available insulin)
- Blurred vision.
What are the 10 early signs of diabetes?
Early signs and symptoms of diabetes
- Frequent urination. When your blood sugar is high, your kidneys expel the excess blood sugar, causing you to urinate more frequently. …
- Increased thirst. …
- Fatigue. …
- Blurred vision. …
- Increased hunger. …
- Unexplained weight loss. …
- Slow healing cuts and wounds. …
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feet.
What color is your urine when you have diabetes?
Diabetes can cause cloudy urine when too much sugar builds up in your urine. Your urine may also smell sweet or fruity. Diabetes can also lead to kidney complications or increase risk of infections of the urinary tract, both of which can also make your urine appear cloudy.
How do u get diabetes?
Diabetes is a chronic disease that occurs because the body is unable to use blood sugar (glucose) properly. The exact cause of this malfunction is unknown, but genetic and environmental factors play a part. Risk factors for diabetes include obesity and high levels of cholesterol.
Can diabetes be cured?
There is no known cure for type 2 diabetes. But it can be controlled. And in some cases, it goes into remission. For some people, a diabetes-healthy lifestyle is enough to control their blood sugar levels.
What is normal blood sugar by age?
Normal blood glucose levels for adults, without diabetes, is 90 to 110 mg/dL. Learn the symptoms of high and low blood sugar here.
Normal blood sugar levels for adolescents.
|Normal blood sugar levels for adolescents|
|1-2 hours after eating||Up to 140|
How can u prevent diabetes?
Here are 13 ways to avoid getting diabetes.
- Cut Sugar and Refined Carbs From Your Diet. …
- Work Out Regularly. …
- Drink Water as Your Primary Beverage. …
- Lose Weight If You’re Overweight or Obese. …
- Quit Smoking. …
- Follow a Very-Low-Carb Diet. …
- Watch Portion Sizes. …
- Avoid Sedentary Behaviors.
How can I test if I have diabetes at home?
Home testing follows these general steps:
- Wash your hands.
- Put a lancet into the lancet device so that it’s ready to go.
- Place a new test strip into the meter.
- Prick your finger with the lancet in the protective lancing device.
- Carefully place the subsequent drop of blood onto the test strip and wait for the results.
How can you check for diabetes at home?
How to Test Your Blood Sugar at Home
- Wash and dry your hands well.
- Insert a test strip into your meter.
- Prick the side of your fingertip with the lancet provided with your test kit.
- Gently squeeze or massage your finger until a drop of blood forms.
- Touch and hold the edge of the test strip to the drop of blood.