– with Type 1 diabetes (T1D)? While Chris Dudley was the first person with T1D to play in the NBA, a number of committed athletes have been incredibly successful in playing for the NBA, WNBA and professional leagues around the world! Chris Dudley was diagnosed with T1D at age 16.
Are there NBA players with diabetes?
There are quite a few basketball players to note who have played professionally with type 1 diabetes, including Adam Morrison. Morrison won the 2006 Chevrolet Player of the Year award and two NBA championships playing for Los Angeles Lakers.
Are there any athletes with diabetes?
Among the nearly 26 million American adults and children living with diabetes is an elite group of professional athletes, unstopped by their medical condition. You probably know these stars for their dazzling moves on the court, soaring touchdown passes, or powerful tennis stroke.
What professional athletes are diabetic?
Nine Athletes With Type 1 Diabetes
- Jay Cutler – Football – United States.
- Will Cross – Mountain Climber – United States.
- Borja Mayoral – Soccer – Spain.
- Sara Groenewegen – Softball – Canada.
- Charlie Kimball – IndyCar Racing – United States.
- Antonia Göransson – Soccer – Sweden.
- Adam Duvall – Baseball – United States.
Do any Olympians have diabetes?
The Olympics are a competition that celebrates the best in human physical achievement and athleticism. Yet, many Olympians suffer from diabetes. This condition can be debilitating if it’s not taken care of properly, but their diagnosis with diabetes has opened up new doors and closed some old ones for some athletes.
Who in the NFL has diabetes?
Patrick Peterson. Eight-time Pro-Bowler Patrick Petersen has had an impressive career as an NFL cornerback, playing for the Arizona Cardinals during his 9 years in the league. Petersen also has Type 2 diabetes.
Can a diabetic be a bodybuilder?
People with diabetes can build muscle. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Your potential to build muscle is directly correlated to your level of motivation to keep blood glucose levels in control.
Is there any diabetic footballers?
Danny McGrain and Andy Penman are other retired footballers who have diabetes, while Scott Alla, a Scottish midfielder with type 1 diabetes, currently plays for Hibernian.
Are there any pro athletes with type 1 diabetes?
For those who think athletes with type 1 diabetes are timid, Sam Fuld is the counterargument. The outfielder made a Major League Baseball career out of diving for hard hit balls for several teams, as well as Team Israel in the World Baseball Classic.